The Complete Course for Beginners
Colloquial Turkish provides a step-by-step course in Turkish as it is written and spoken today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Turkish in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
• progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
• structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
• an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
• realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
• useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
• additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary and bilingual glossaries
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Turkish will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Turkish.
Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.
Ad Backus is a researcher at the Department of Linguistics, Tilburg University. Jeroen Aarssen is a researcher at the Centre for Studies of Multilingualism, Tilburg University.
‘If you want to get to grips further with any of the [European] languages, Routledge’s Colloquial series is the best place you could start.’ Rough Guide to Europe
Listen to Sample Audio For The Course:
If you’re thinking about buying this course, why not listen to the audio tracks below for a taster?
These are samples from this audio CD, designed to accompany the paperback, or included in our great value Colloquial Pack.