Colloquial Welsh provides a step-by-step course in Welsh as it is written and spoken today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Welsh in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
• progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
• structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
• an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
• realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
• useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
• additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary and bilingual glossaries
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Welsh will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Welsh.
Audio material to accompany the course is available to download free in MP3 format from www.routledge.com/cw/colloquials. Recorded by native speakers, the audio material features the dialogues and texts from the book and will help develop your listening and pronunciation skills.
‘If you want to get to grips further with any of the [European] languages, Routledge’s Colloquial series is the best place you could start.’ Rough Guide to Europe
Alphabet 1a. Cwrdd â phobol 1b. Enwi pobol a pethau 2a. Dod i nabod pobol 2b. Dw i ddim yn deall 3. Mynd allan 4. Ellwch chi ddangos i mi …? 5. Holi’r ffordd 6. Siopa 7. Y tywydd 8. Gwneud trefniadau 9. Be´ ddigwyddodd? 10. Awgrymu pethau 11. Beth wyt ti’n feddwl? 12. Clywed y newyddion 13. Dyma’r penawdau diweddara 14. Tasai’ch brawd fan’ma … 15. Cefn gwlad 16. Cymraeg ysgrifenedig a’r cyfryngau Key to exercises Ready-reference grammar Welsh-English glossary