Colour and Create Architecture
Georgie Finds a Home
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after September 1, 2020
Introducing children to the visual language of architecture in a fun, creative and engaging way, this book is packed with scenes to colour, recreate, add to and finish off. Featuring scenes from terraces to tower blocks, and from skyscrapers (real and imagined), to fantastical scenes featuring pirate ships, jungle tree-houses and castles, this book features simple activities to encourage children to use their imagination, memory and learning/exploration, observation (encouraging them to explore their surroundings, the architecture around them and the everyday) as well as formulating opinions and responses.
Showcasing an exciting array of cross sections, axos, plans, isometrics, birds eye views and cutaways, this book conveys in an exciting and joyful way the many different aspects of architecture. Both playful and informative, this book is an ideal gift for those seeking ways to promote child development in an enjoyable and creative way.
- Introduces children to the fundamentals of architecture and architectural design, in a fun and creative way
- Aids child development, encouraging creativity, questioning and observation and helping to develop spatial awareness and dexterity
- A beautiful object in its own right, this book is designed to be personalised and cherished by the user
- A catalyst to unlock children’s imaginations, this book will change the way children see the world around them.
Nerea Bermejo Olaizola is an architect and illustrator based in London. She is a Senior Architectural Illustrator at HTA, a multidisciplinary architectural practice.