Common Mental Disorders in Primary Care provides a thorough overview of the diagnosis, treatment and management of the most common mental disorders encountered in primary care. In this book, published to mark the retirement of Professor Sir David Goldberg, distinguished contributors bring together clinical and research work drawn from psychiatry, medicine, psychology, social work and sociology, covering such topics as:
* the biological basis of common mental disorders
* disability and depression in primary care
* the limits of mental health care in general medical clinics
* improving the management of mental disorders in the elderly
* training the whole primary care team.
Common Mental Disorders in Primary Care provides an authoritative review of the subject for professionals working in the area of primary care.