Uncivil acts and messages too often color our experience with others. Communication in a Civil Society offers an alternative way to teach and learn about communication. Every chapter focuses on communication based on respect, restraint, and ethical choices.
Table of Contents
- A First Look at Civil Communication
- Perceiving the Self and Others
- Civil Verbal Communication
- Civil Nonverbal communication
- Civil Listening and Responding with Confirmation
- Interpersonal Relationships and Civil Communication
- Intimate Relationships, Romantic Relationships, and Civil Communication
- Civil Communication in Conflicts
- Civil Communication in Groups
- Group Processes and Civil Communication
- Preparing Civil Public Speeches
- Delivering Public Speeches with Civility
- Giving Civil Informative and Special Occasion Speeches
- Giving Persuasive Speeches with Civility
Shelley D. Lane, PhD., earned degrees from the University of California - Los Angeles and the University of Southern California. Dr. Lane is currently an Associate Dean of Undergraduate Education at the University of Texas at Dallas. Her research interests include the communication of civility and intercultural communication.
To gain access to the instructor resources for this title, please visit the Instructor Resources Download Hub.
You will be prompted to fill out a registration form which will be verified by one of our sales reps.