Meet the challenges facing the U.S. agricultural market within the global arena!Economists, agricultural scientists, farm leaders, and trade specialists will find the information they need to determine the importance of specific crops and livestock products in international markets in Competition in Agriculture. Analyzing costs, quality, and policy impacts on such products as beef, dairy, pork, poultry, corn, cotton, fruits, peanuts, rice, soybeans, vegetables, and wheat, Competition in Agriculture provides you with an understanding of international markets to help you design strategies that will increase competitiveness and prevent losses. Complete with research findings, tables, graphs, and studies of domestic and foreign economic and trade policies, this book will help you improve your export capabilities and streamline trade costs in order to maximize market presence.This comprehensive book provides you with information from economic analyses that will help you determine the capability of important agricultural commodities to prosper in the growing international market. Competition in Agriculture offers you in-depth information that will assist you in enhancing and improving your status in the global marketplace. This valuable book:
- discusses the three aspects of competitiveness--economic policies, geography, and history--to help you understand the factors that influence competitive positioning of agricultural products
- defines competitiveness and examines factors that influence competitiveness, such as advances in technology; input costs; production economies; production quality and enterprise differentiation; promotion; and external factors, such as government policies and macroeconomic variables
- analyzes the dramatic effects the North American Free Trade Agreement has had on the U.S. and the world market
- examines how biotechnology affects the quality and quantity of crops and the implications this has on the world market
- investigates changing market trends that are influenced by new technologies, alternative methods of expanding trade, new economic and agricultural policies of the United States and other countries, and new or modified trade agreements, among others
Offering effective approaches for measuring and understanding competitiveness, this knowledgeable reference gives you strategies for maximizing the potential of major crop and livestock products. Competition in Agriculture will help you meet the challenges facing the U.S. agricultural market within the global arena in order to improve the quality of food and maintain and increase export revenues in the United States.