- examines the vulnerability of sound banks during financial crises
- helps understand the nature of financial crises and other banking issues
- traces the history of banking reform in the United States from 1933 until 1992
- discusses deregulation in the US banking system
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 2. Bank Runs and the Stability of Laissez-Faire Banking 3. Bank Panics and the State of Information 4. Bank Failure Contagion in Historical Perspective 5. Related Issues. 6. Conclusion. Tables. Graphs. Appendices. Bibliography. Index.
Multivolume collection by leading authors in the field