Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Journal of African Business, this book delves into contemporary issues in business and business knowledge development in Africa.
This collection of eight chapters—by fourteen distinguished scholars based in Africa, Europe, and North America—covers anticorruption strategies; domestic credit and export diversification, the challenges of doing business in African countries; the emergence of African endogenous businesses; board gender diversity; governance and performance of strategic alliances; customer-centric marketing in Africa; and the intellectual development of the Journal of African Business as the premier research outlet for African business since its inception in 2000. Each chapter offers a cogently differentiated perspective about business growth or business knowledge development in Africa.
Made up of contributions which are vividly and ingeniously written to be accessible to decision-makers and other non-experts, this book will be of interest to all those researching the development of business in Africa. This book was originally published as a special issue of the Journal of African Business.
1. Domestic Credit and Export Diversification: Africa from a Global Perspective
Augustin Kwasi Fosu and Abdul Fatawu Abass
2. Anticorruption Strategies in Sub-Saharan Africa: Lessons from Experience and Ingredients of a Successful Strategy
Jacob W. Musila
3. The Endogenous African Business: Why and How It Is Different, Why It Is Emerging Now, and Why It Matters
Paul T.M. Ingenbleek
4. The Transitioning of Marketing Practices from Segment to Customer-Centric Marketing in the African Business Context: Toward a Theoretical Research Framework
Kofi Q. Dadzie, Charlene A. Dadzie and Evelyn M. Winston
5. Board Gender Diversity: Challenges and Implications for Corporations in the East African Community
Neema Mori and Evelyn Richard
6. Governance and Performance of Strategic Alliances in Africa: The Role of Institutions
Raphaël Nkakleu and Altante Désirée Biboum
7. Challenges of Doing Business in Africa: A Systematic Review
Simplice A. Asongu and Nicholas M. Odhiambo
8. Twenty Years of the Journal of African Business: A Bibliometric Analysis