Continuous Delivery 2.0
Business-leading DevOps Essentials
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after November 8, 2021
The agile transformation is as an act of transforming an organization’s form or nature gradually to one that is able to embrace and thrive in a flexible, collaborative, self-organizing, and fast changing environment. However it seems the majority of companies starting an agile transformation never reach the goal of agility. Yet there are those few who truly become agile and reap insane benefits, utilising DevOps as well.
This book introduces the theory and practice of the ‘double-flywheels model’ of Continuous Delivery 2.0 : Discovery Loop, which allows IT organisations to help businesses figure out the most efficacious ways to develop. Additionally, it also explores applications of Verification Loop that allow IT organisations to deliver value quickly and safely with high quality. Along the way the Author offers an array of insights into the all of the aspects of software delivery and how to implement Continuous Delivery in the most economical way for long-run business development, with multiple case studies.
· Organization Culture and Software architecture
· Business requirement management
· Pipeline and tooling
· Branching and releasing strategy
· Automation Strategy
· Configuration and artefacts management
· Deployment and Production healthy
At the end, there are three case studies which the Author was personally involved with, which represents three very typical Agile Transition scenarios. Each is covered and explored with meticulous detail to benefit and inform the reader.
Table of Contents
1. Continuous Delivery 2.0
2. Value Discovery Loop
3. Fast Verification Loop
4. A Suitable Organizational Culture for Continuous Delivery 2.0
5. Software Architecture for Continuous Delivery
6. Collaborative Management Around Business Requirements
7. Principles for Deployment Pipeline and Tool Design
8. Branch Strategy Conducive to Integration
9. The Branch Strategy Conducive to Integration
10. Automation Test Strategies and Methods
11. Software Configuration Management
12. Low-risk Release
13. Monitoring and Decision-making
14. Large Internet Teams to Become Feature Teams
15. How Can Small Teams Implement a “Counter Attack”?
16. DevOps Driven by Developers
17. Appendix A Three Evolutions of Software Engineering
18. Appendix B User Story Estimation by Relative Size
Qiao Liang is an author, lecturer & consultant who helps organizations understand and use the concepts, principles and practices of Agile, Lean & DevOps to improve business value delivery. He is also the CTO of Minster Consulting Co.,Ltd.