Creating a Learner-centred Primary Classroom is an essential resource to improve teaching practice, examining the key elements that contribute to a learner-centred classroom and offering strategies to encourage children to take a shared role in their learning.
Including case studies describing teachers’ methods for linking theory to practice, this user-friendly, photocopiable resource demonstrates how to:
- construct a learning community
- encourage collaborative learning
- share strategies for engaging individual learners
- provide a scaffold for strategic thinking in the classroom
- link assessment procedures to learning
- showcase the practice and outcomes of purposeful curriculum planning.
Any teacher who wants to practically tailor their teaching practice to meet the needs of individual learners will find this an invaluable resource.
Table of Contents
Kath Murdoch is an experienced teacher who lectured at the University of Melbourne, Australia for over a decade.
Jeni Wilson is an associate of the Faculty of Education at the University of Melbourne, Australia.