Cybersecurity for eHealth
A Simplified Guide to Practical Cybersecurity for Non-technical Stakeholders & Practitioners of Healthcare
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after January 26, 2022
The modern realities of cybersecurity have uncovered the unpreparedness of many sectors and industries to deal with emerging threats. One of these sectors is the healthcare industry. The pervasiveness and proliferation of online innovation, systems, and applications in global healthcare have created a threat domain wherein policy and regulation struggle to keep pace with development, standardization faces contextual challenges, and technical capacity is largely deficient.
It is now urgent that healthcare professionals know the most relevant concepts and fundamentals of global cybersecurity related to eHealth. Cybersecurity for eHealth: A Practical Guide for Nontechnical Stakeholders and Healthcare Practitioners uses both a rigorous academic and practical professional approach in covering the essentials of cybersecurity. The book:
- Distills foundational knowledge and presents it in a concise manner that is easily assimilated
- Draws lessons from real-life case studies across the global healthcare industry to drive home complex principles and insights
- Helps eHealth professionals to deal more knowledgeably and effectively with the realities of cybersecurity
Written for healthcare professionals without a background in the workings of information and communication technologies, the book presents the basics of cybersecurity and an overview of eHealth. It covers the foundational concepts, perspectives, and applications of cybersecurity in the context of eHealth and traverses the cybersecurity threat landscape to eHealth, including:
- Threat categories, agents, and objectives
- Strategies and approaches deployed by various threat agents
- Predisposing risk factors in cybersecurity threat situations
- Tools and techniques to protect against cybersecurity incidents
A comprehensive and practical guide, the book discusses approaches and best practices for enhancing personal cybersecurity as well as giving an overview of governance, ethics, and regulation in eHealth.
Table of Contents
1. Cybersecurity Basics and an Overview of eHealth
2. The Cybersecurity Threat Landscape for eHealth
3. Personal Cybersecurity for eHealth Deployments
4. Data and Information Security for eHealth Deployments
5. Securing eHealth Systems and Infrastructure
6. Governance, Ethics, and Regulation in eHealth
Emmanuel C. Ogu is a consultant and the founder of EMINDA Konsults Cybersecurity Division. The holder of multiple IT certifications, he is a lecturer at Babcock University, Nigeria, where he earned masters and doctoral degrees in computer science. He is also a faculty member of Rome Business School, Nigeria.