Data Analysis for Continuous School Improvement
Data Analysis for Continuous School Improvement provides a new definition of school improvement, away from a singular focus on compliance, toward a true commitment to excellence. This book is a call to action. It is about inspiring schools and school districts to commit to continuous school improvement by providing a framework that will result in improving teaching for every teacher and learning for every student through the comprehensive use of data. A culmination of over 30 years of doing the hard work in schools and districts both nationally and internationally, Data Analysis for Continuous School Improvement shares new, evidence-based learnings about how to analyze, report, communicate, and use multiple measures of data. The updated edition provides a wealth of tools, protocols, timelines, examples, and strategies that will help schools and districts become genuine learning organizations.
About the Author
- From Compliance to Commitment: Using Data for Continuous School Improvement
- The Continuous School Improvement Framework
- Who We Are: Demographic Data
- How We Do Business: Perceptions Data
- How Are Our Students Doing: Student Learning Data
- What Are Our Processes: School Processes Data
- How Did We Get to Where We Are: Looking Across All the Data
- What is Working and What is not Working: Delving Deeper Into the Data
- Where do we Want to Be: Creating a Shared vision and monitoring its implementation
- How are we going to get to where we want to be: Implementing the shared vision by creating a plan for continuous school improvement
- Strategies for Teachers: Using data to implement the vision through the continuous school improvement plan to improve teaching and learning
- Is What We Are Doing Making a Difference: Evaluating our Efforts
- Continuous School Improvement Timeline: Making Time to do the Work
- The Transformation From a complying school to a learning organization
References and Resources
"I have experienced the transformational, team empowering breakthrough of going full circle with the 'Continuous School Improvement Framework' using the 4th Edition’s updated tools and information. Commitment to the comprehensive framework and wealth of ideas as outlined in the book is key to: building data literacy, developing the team’s clear, shared vision for success, tracking the progress of all students in alignment with curriculum expectations, and monitoring the effectiveness of programs and processes for sustained learning and improvement."
--Hélène Boudreau, Educator, Ontario, Canada
"Schools today are being held accountable for every child’s learning. As education leaders, we must learn how to design and implement a data-driven instructional system to facilitate sustained, measurable learning on the part of all students. This book is an excellent resource to assist school improvement teams in this effort."
Reviewed by Diane E. Reed, associate professor and director, Graduate Educational Leadership Program, St. Fisher College, Rochester N.Y. Full review published in School Administrator magazine, June 2018.