Demand-Driven Business Strategy
Digital Transformation and Business Model Innovation
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after February 10, 2022
Demand-Driven Business Strategy explains the ways of transforming business models from supply driven to demand driven through digital technologies and big data analytics.
The book covers important topics such as digital leadership, the role of Artificial Intelligence, and platform firms and their role in business model transformation. Students are walked through the nature of supply and demand driven models and how organizations transform from one to the other. Theoretical insights are combined with real-world application through global case studies and examples from Amazon, Google, Uber, Volvo and Picnic. Chapter objectives and summaries provide consistent structure and aid learning, whilst reflective questions encourage further thought and discussion.
Comprehensive and practical, this is an essential text for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students studying Strategic Management, Marketing, Business Innovation, Consumer Behaviour, Digital Transformation and Entrepreneurship.
Table of Contents
2. Demand-Driven Versus Supply-Driven
3. Shifting from a Supply-Driven to a Demand Driven Economy: Digitalization
4. Community-Based Digital Business Models: Platforms
5. Machine learning: The Role of Artificial Intelligence in a Demand-Driven Model
6. Transforming Existing Business to Succeed in a Demand-Driven Economy
7. Building a Demand-Driven Business Model
8. Marketing in a Demand-Driven Economy: Data as Competitive Advantage
9. Transforming Organizations: From Digital to Demand-Driven
10. The New Playground for Organizations
11. Competition and Technology
12. The Road Ahead
13. Practical Research: Product-as-a-Service in Practice
14. Business Models and Comparison
Cor Molenaar is Professor at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, the Netherlands.
‘Cor’s analysis [gives] us insights of what is happening at a macro-economic level worldwide level, at the same time bringing us at arm’s length of what is happening both at the customer’s side and the business side so close by.’
Dr. Sofie Geeroms, Managing Director, BeCommerce, Belgium
‘In the retail arena where my business is competing, changes are rapid and disruptive and this calls for connecting with communities in new ways. Digitisation, technology and data management all play a critical role in this transformation. This book will show you how you can use it to create a competitive edge!’
Giovanni Colauto, CEO, de Bijenkorf department stores, The Netherlands