Why and how did Korea become the world’s top digital government leader? This book examines the Korean model and how it is different from the digital government models of the West, specifically of the United States and the UK. The book also looks at successes and failures that Korea has encountered during the process of helping developing nations set up digital governments.
The book begins with the origins and historical development of digital governance. It examines digital government strategies and informatization policies in Korea’s nation development and its promotion of the information and communications technology (ICT) industry. The book explains that one of the key successes was the result of leadership and a strong pan-governmental propulsion system, namely ICT Governance. The book also suggests a new digital government development model in response to rapid changes in the ICT environment, specifically in view of the 4th Industrial Revolution. It is a useful reference for developing countries that are looking at developing their own national information master plan, including digital government.
1. From Electronic Government to Digital Governance
Part 1: The Beginning of Electronic Government
2. Origin and Background of E-Government
3. E-Government Development Process Around the World
Part 2: UN E-Government Development Survey
4. Progress of E-Government Development
5. Analysis of UN E-Government Development Survey
Part 3: Development Process and Best Practices in Korea
6. The Beginning and the Development Process of Digital Government in Korea
7. Best Practices of Digital Government in Korea I
8. Best Practices of Digital Government in Korea II
Part 4: Critical Success Factors in Korea
9. Politics, Leadership and ICT Governance
10. Technical and Institutional Success Factors
11. ICT ODA Status of South Korea
Part 5: Key Challenges in the Future
12. The Emergence of Intelligent Digital Government in Korea
13. Policies Against the Threats to Digital Government
14. Strategy for Digital Governance
This innovative series explores the role of innovation and innovation management and technological advances from an organizational perspective. This series brings together theories from a wide range of individual disciplines and examines both the internal understanding and management and also an external, shareholder perspective. Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology (RIOT!) features cutting -edge research addressing all the major issues in business and management today, helping to define and advance the field.