This DVD pack comprises of a DVD and 52 page booklet. It is a unique resource which utilises a visual, interactive training experience, linking with supportive care frameworks to improve this difficult and highly sensitive area of communication. The DVD contains filmed scenes illustrating a range of challenging dialogues between health workers and a patient and his family through the journey of his terminal illness, the accompanying booklet highlights communication issues with suggested exercises, reflection points and advice.
It is ideal for both individual use and by groups or in teaching, and the following people will find it invaluable:
• Educators, lecturers and teachers in medical and nursing schools
• Health and social care practitioners working with very ill and dying people in hospitals and in the community
• Educators in palliative care and elderly care and nursing care homes
• Volunteers in hospices and hospitals
• Medical and nursing students