In recent years, luxury goods markets have faced significant changes that have influenced both the dynamics of the competition, as well as their strategies. The principal changes include the following:
- new geographical market development, such as in the Far East, India, and some parts of Africa (these countries are added to a list of already relevant countries that are involved in luxury goods consumption, such as the Emirates, Russia, and South America);
- diffusion of new media and new technologies in communication, which is characterized by a high degree of interaction;
- the evolution of distribution channels is underway – these channels are moving towards new forms of integration that utilize both physical digital channels.
This has forced firms to revise their strategies and implement multichannel marketing strategies to continue to operate in increasingly international markets that are characterized by increasingly more demanding and informed consumers.
This book will enable readers to gain a clear insight into how the luxury goods market operates and amongst other things, focuses on:
- recent internet and social media strategies adopted by luxury companies and their brands;
- how luxury companies manage their communication and distribution channels to compete in the market and the impact of digital marketing on their competition;
- the main models of direct and indirect distribution in the digital channels;
- how consumers react to multichannel strategies;
- trends, social commerce and CSR and how luxury companies react;
- identifying the different social media strategies for luxury companies.
Table of Contents
1. Marketing and digital innovation.
2. The digital channel in luxury markets.
3. Direct and Indirect digital distribution in luxury markets: emerging business models
4. Social Media Strategies and Communication in luxury markets.
5. Social Commerce, Integration of channel for the future of luxury goods.
6. Corporate Social Responsibility for the future of luxury goods.
About the Series
This series brings together the most significant works in Business, Economics and Finance by Italian authors that have been selected by the Giappichelli publishing house. It features cutting-edge research, addressing all of the major issues across a wide range of individual disciplines, helping to define and advance the field.
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / General
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Commodities
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Consumer Behavior
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Customer Relations
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Marketing / General
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Marketing / Direct
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Marketing / Industrial
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / International / Marketing
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Marketing / Multilevel
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Marketing / Research
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Industries / Retailing
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Sales & Selling
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Strategic Planning
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Industries / General
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Industries / Automobile Industry
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Industries / Fashion & Textile Industry
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Commerce
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Purchasing & Buying
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Information Management
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Production & Operations Management
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / E-Commerce / General (see also COMPUTERS / Electronic Commerce)
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / E-Commerce / Internet Marketing
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / E-Commerce / Online Trading
- COMPUTERS / Web / Social Networking
- COMPUTERS / Social Aspects / General
- COMPUTERS / Digital Media / General