This volume brings together advanced concepts from leading academic scientists, educationalists, and administrative policymakers, and researchers on their experiences and research results on many aspects of digital educational methods and teaching practices. It provides an interdisciplinary compilation of recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the fields of digital pedagogies and educational design.
It is becoming increasingly important to develop adaptive, robust, scalable, and digital teaching-learning mechanisms in academics. Digital Education Pedagogy: Principles and Paradigms addresses this need by discussing the advancements in flipped learning and blended learning, student-centric and teacher-centric learning in technical institutes, critical digital pedagogies, and the complex analyses and collaborations with organizations outside the academy. This book also deals with the protocols for educational and administrative policies, IoT-based teaching-learning methodology, teaching education and the process of assessment, testing and evaluation, integration of technology with digital education, and different case-study-based approaches in digital teaching-learning methodology.
Table of Contents
1. Chatbots in Higher Education: Adapting the Educational Transformation Cycle
Sandra Gudino Paredes and Felipe de Jesús Jasso Peña
2. Digitalization in Education: A Shift in Learning, Teaching, and Pedagogue Development
Vinod Kumar Kanvaria
3. Building Interactive E-Textbooks to Assist Students in Self-Learning and Self-Discovery
Trung Tran and Giang Nguyen Ngoc
4. Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in Teaching: Principles and Paradigms
Bui Thi Thanh Huong, Pham Thi Kim Giang, and Nguyen Thi Thuy Quynh
5. Using Kotobee E-Book Design and Software in Teaching Chemistry in High Schools
Vu Thi Thu Hoai and Pham Thi Kim Giang
6. Teaching English through Technologized Visual Cultures to Engineering and Management Students: An Effective Means for Skill Development in the Teaching and Learning Process
7. Building and Using Virtual Chemical Labs in High School Chemistry Teaching
Vu Thi Thu Hoai and Vu Thu Trang
8. Digital Education: Trends and Perspectives in Teacher Education in Vietnam
Nguyen Thi Linh Yen, Ton Quang Cuong, and Ton Nguyen Minh Uyen
9. 4Ei–Digital Pedagogy Model for Teacher Education
R. S. S. Nehru
Souvik Pal, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Brainware University, Kolkata, India.
Ton Quang Cuong, PhD, is currently Dean of the Faculty of Educational Technology at the University of Education at Vietnam National University, Hanoi (VNU-UED).
R. S. S. Nehru, PhD, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Education at Sikkim University (Central University), Gangtok, Sikkim, India.