Apple Academic Press
310 pages | 25 Color Illus. | 7 B/W Illus.
Digital Media and Wireless Communication in Developing Nations: Agriculture, Education, and the Economic Sector explores how digital media and wireless communication, especially mobile phones and social media platforms, offer concrete opportunities for developing countries to transform different sectors of their economies. The volume focuses on the agricultural, economic, and education sectors. The chapter authors, mostly from Africa and India, provide a wealth of information on recent innovations, the opportunities they provide, challenges faced, and the direction of future research in digital media and wireless communication to leverage transformation in developing countries.
The volume provides important research on digital media and wireless communication within the context of developing countries that will be very useful for professionals from academia, government agencies, NGOs, technologists, entrepreneurs and investors, and others.
Part 1: Potential Use Of Mobile Phones And Social Media In Agriculture
1. Potential of Mobile Phones as a Disruptive and Transformative Tool
Hector John Mongi and Alfred Said Sife
2. Transformative Power of Mobile Phones in the Indian Agro Supply Chain
George Joseph and K. A. Zakkariya
3. Potential of Mobile Phones and Social Media Platforms in the Agricultural Scenario
Kelvin Joseph Bwalya
4. The Role of Social Media in the Socio-Economic Development of Africa
5. Mobile App-Based Expert System in Uganda: Combating Pests and Diseases in Tomatoes
6. The Role of Mobile Phone Technology in Combating Illegal Timber Logging in Africa: A Review
Part 2: Selected Applications Of Mobile Phones And Social Media In Education
7. Operational Use of Mobile Learning: Understanding and Retention of Curriculum Content
Jeremy Sunker et al.
8. Whatsapp-Based E-Learning in Adult Education for Lesotho’s Inmates: Methods and Evaluation
9. Role of Teacher-Developer Relationship in Mobile Apps Learning
10. Integrating Social Media in Lesotho’s Distance Learning: Gaps and Opportunities
11. Role of Social Networks in Health Care for Developing Countries
Jana Shafi, Amtul Waheed, and Sugapriya Dhanasekaran
Part 3: Recent Strategies For Mobile Phones And Social Media In The Economic Sector
12. Potential of Streaming Transmission to Mobile Phones as Reinforcement of Community Radios
Celestino V. Joanguete
13. Luxury Brands on a Social Media Platform
14. The Role of Artificial Intelligence in Sustainable Development
15. Mobile Technology versus the Era of Eco-Design
Mounia Khelfaoui and Soraya Sedkaoui
16. Reforming Public Finance Management in Africa Using an Integrated Financial Management System