Dimension Stone 2004 - New Perspectives for a Traditional Building Material
Proceedings of the International Conference in Dimension Stone 2004, 14-17 June, Prague, Czech Republic
- This format is currently out of stock.
This volume brings together papers from the multidisciplinary Dimension Stone 2004 Conference, held in Prague. Looking at all aspects of this useful and attractive building material, experts from many fields of research offer their perspectives from geology, rock mechanics, geotechnics, the stone extractive industry, restoration work and architecture. The result is a wide-ranging and practical handbook for geologists, engineers and architects covering:
- geological studies of traditional local stone types
- advanced rock fabric and rock mechanics studies applied to dimension stone research
- application of dimension stone databases for historical research and for stone marketing
- GIS application to quarry planning
- aspects of dimension stone deterioration
- bowing of natural stone cladding and prevention
- processing and benefits of waste from the stone industry.