Down the Slide: A ‘Words Together’ Storybook to Help Children Find their Voices
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after January 1, 2022
Down the Slide, part of the ‘Words Together’ series, has been created to support children to understand and use two-word sentences.
Using the pivot word ‘down’, the simple story and repetitious structure provide an opportunity for the child to hear and experience the sentence structure in new ways. Bright and colourful illustrations provide rich opportunities for conversation and engagement.
This storybook is an exciting resource for early years practitioners, parents, and those working with children at an early stage of speech and language development.
When purchased as a set, the Words Together series of books includes:
- Helping Children Find Their Voices: A guide for parents and practitioners, exploring questions and concerns that many parents and practitioners share around language development, such as whether children are reaching important milestones, whether they benefit from screen-time and dummies, and what to do if there might be a problem.
- Down the Slide: A colourful picture book using the pivot word ‘down’
- Hello!: A colourful picture book using the pivot word ‘hello’
- Gone to the Park: A colourful picture book using the pivot word ‘gone’
- Sleep Time: A colourful picture book using the pivot word ‘sleeping’
Table of Contents
Down the Slide: A colourful picture book using the pivot word ‘down’
Kate Freeman is a highly experienced speech and language therapist, consultant and previous charity director. She is also a mum to three grown-up sons and a grandmother. Kate’s passion is working with children and families, making a difference to their futures.
Kate has worked with children, families, groups, local authorities, charities and commercial organisations providing an insight into the skills of communication and how children learn to talk.
Jenny Edge is a professional artist and illustrator working in a wide range of mediums and styles. She enjoys producing colourful decorative and ornamental paintings as well as the figurative work she trained in at Art school. Although based in Warwickshire, her work can be found all over the world in both domestic and commercial interiors.