Southeast Asia is one of the most dynamic and entrepreneurial regions in the world. Despite its entrepreneurial nature, the study of entrepreneurship has largely been on North America and Europe. This book showcases the entrepreneurial capabilities that are taking place in Southeast Asia from a digital innovation perspective.
The book questions the role of entrepreneurship in the Southeast Asian context. It also provides a historical analysis of how entrepreneurship is influenced by the history of individual Southeast Asian countries. It goes on to examine heritage tourism to explore how entrepreneurship is embedded in cultural and social endeavours, and explores how digital technologies and innovations are leading change in the region’s business ecosystems. The book closes by examining the effects of the pandemic from a risk management perspective to show the interrelationship between crisis management and innovation, before highlighting areas for future research.
The comprehensive coverage of different countries within Southeast Asia regarding their entrepreneurial initiatives will enrich the existing literature and will be a useful reference to scholars researching on entrepreneurship.
Table of Contents
1. Southeast Asia: The role of innovation and entrepreneurship
2. Countries in Southeast Asia: A historical overview
3. Cultural conditions and heritage tourism in Southeast Asia
4. Unicorn companies in Southeast Asia
5. Pesantren (Islamic boarding school): The largest social entrepreneurship in Indonesia
Hujjatullah Fazlurrahman, Lingga Sundagumilar Abqari and Dewie Tri Wijayati Wardoyo
6. Evidence of Ichimoku Trading Signals in Stock Exchange Indices: Implications for Southeast Asia Finance
Luís Gomes Almeida et al.
7. Resilience and Risk Management during the Crisis Time: The Role of Stakeholders
Sami Alanzi et al.
8. Southeast Asia entrepreneurship and innovation: A review and future research agenda
Vanessa Ratten is Associate Professor at the La Trobe University, Australia. She is the Programme Coordinator of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation degrees at La Trobe Business School.