Economies of the World
- This format is currently out of stock.
The first edition of this new reference source from Europa provides a compact but fact-filled guide to the economies of 225 countries and major territories, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe and from Greenland to the Falkland Islands.
A separate chapter on each country contains:
* a brief introduction setting the political and institutional background to the country's economy
* a well-coloured and clear map indicating the country's location in relation to its neighbours, as well as the position of its capital and other major towns and cities
* a set of key demographic and financial indicators
* an economic survey contained in each chapter is divided into sections addressing the various sectors, including agriculture, industry, services, external trade, government finance, and international economic co-operation
* the chapter concludes with an overview of recent economic performance and likely future developments.
Coverage of each economic sector details the sectors contribution to the country's gross domestic product (GDP) and the proportion of the labour force working in it, as well as other key facts and characteristics.
Economies of the World will be of great use in all libraries, educational institutions and companies, both to students and to those who are interested in and need ready access to global economic information.