Electrical Power Generation Methods and Plants
In today’s world, per capita consumption of electricity in a country is considered as one of the important indices of its developmental status: both economic and technological.
Engineering students as well as the professional beginners, studying and working in the field of Electrical Power Generation and Power Plant Administration, should get a reasonable level of familiarization with the concepts of various technological methods and plants in order to acquire necessary knowledge and competency for a worthwhile professional career in the subject field.
This book attempts to provide relevant knowledge inputs by way of providing conceptual clarity on various aspects of the subject. It will be helpful for students of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
Print edition not for sale in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Bhutan)
1. Electrical Power: A Convenient Source of Energy Supply
2. Electrical Power Generation Methods and Associated Aspects
3. Steam Turbine Driven Thermal Power Generation (STG) Plants
4. Gas Turbine Driven Thermal Power Plants (GTG Plants)
• Combined Cycle Power Plants (CCPP)
• Diesel Generating Sets (DG Sets)
5. Hydro-Power Generation Plants
6. Nuclear Power Generation Plants
7. Renewable and New Energy Sources for Electrical
• Solar Power Plants
• Wind Turbine Driven Power Plants
• Co-Generation Power Plants
• Biomass Based Power Plants
• Geo-Thermal Power Plants
• Tidal Energy Based Power Plants
• Fuel-Cells for Electrical Power
8. Miscellaneous Related Topics That Seek to Provide Supplementary Knowledge for Power Station Management