Enhancing Business Continuity and IT Capability
System Administration and Server Operating Platforms
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 2, 2020
Enterprise servers play a mission-critical role in modern computing environments, especially from a business continuity perspective. Several models of IT capability have been introduced over the last two decades. Enhancing Business Continuity and IT Capability: System Administration and Server Operating Platforms proposes a new model of IT capability. It presents a framework that establishes the relationship between downtime on one side and business continuity and IT capability on the other side, as well as how system administration and modern server operating platforms can help in improving business continuity and IT capability.
The book begins by defining business continuity and IT capability and their importance in modern business. It also starts with an overview of business continuity, disaster recovery planning, contingency planning, and business continuity maturity models. It then explores modern server environments and the role of system administration in ensuring high levels of system availability, system scalability, and business continuity. Techniques for enhancing availability and business continuity also include:
- Business impact analysis
- Assessing the downtime impact
- Designing an optimal business continuity solution
- IT auditing as a process of gathering data and evidence to evaluate whether the company’s information systems infrastructure is efficient and effective and whether it meets business goals.
The book concludes with frameworks and guidelines on how to measure and assess IT capability and how IT capability affects firm's performances. Cases and white papers describe real world scenarios illustrating the concepts and techniques presented in the book.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: Downtime and Modern Business
2. Economics of Downtime
3. Business Continuity and IT Capability
4. Server Operating Environments For Business Continuity
5. System Administration and Business Continuity
6. Enhancing Availability and Business Continuity: Methods, Techniques, and Technologies
7. IT Auditing, System Administration, Business Continuity, and IT Capability
8. IT Capability and Organizational Business Performance
9. Development of IT Capability
10. Real World Stories
Dr. Nijaz Bajgorić is a professor at the School of Economics and Business, University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Dr. Lejla Turulja is an associate professor at the School of Economics and Business, University of Sarajevo.
Dr. Semir Ibrahimović is a director of the IT division at Bosnia Bank International, Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Amra Alagić is a PhD student at the School of Economics and Business, University of Sarajevo.