Combining two separate textbooks entitled Essentials of Human Physiology for Pharmacy and Essentials of Pathophysiology for Pharmacy into one cohesive volume, this new book seamlessly integrates material related to normal human physiology and pathophysiology into each chapter.
- Study objectives at the beginning of each chapter;
- Summary tables, flow charts, diagrams, and key definitions;
- Real life case studies to emphasize clinical application and stimulate student critical thinking;
- An emphasis on the rationale for drug therapy;
- Simple, straightforward language.
Written by authors with extensive teaching experience in the areas, Essentials of Human Physiology and Pathophysiology for Pharmacy and Allied Health is a concise learning instrument that will guide students in pharmacy and allied health programs.
Table of Contents
1. The Cell 2. Homeostasis 3. The Immune System 4. Inflammation 5. Blood and hemostasis 6. The Circulatory System 7. The Heart 8. The Respiratory System 9. The Digestive System 10. The Renal System 11. The Endocrine System 12. The Reproductive System 13. The Nervous System 14. The autonomic nervous system 15. Pain 16. Muscle 17. The Skeletal System 18. Cancer 19. HIV
Laurie Kelly McCorry is Dean of Science, Engineering and Health Programs at Bunker Hill Community College, USA.
Martin Zdanowicz is Professor of Clinical and Associate Dean for Health Studies at the University of Miami, USA.