Ethical Branding and Marketing: Cases and Lessons provides current perspectives on fascinating global cases focusing on the specific combination of the two fields of "ethics" and "branding," on their relationship, and on how that joint perspective shapes brands, companies, business strategies, and the market itself.
In a contemporary environment of "truthiness" and fake news, it is more important than ever to review core principles of ethics and to reassess how these principles apply to today’s branding and marketing practices. This book addresses practices in ethical branding and corporate culture. It includes such topics as truth, integrity, value, vulnerability, and differentiation. Collectively, these cases provide a contemporary overview of intriguing scenarios and best practices in ethical branding.
The book provides the reader with real, updated insight into ethical decision making; helps students integrate ethics, branding strategy, and real life, complex situations into an effective learning process; and provides the reader with up-to-date ethical branding cases from around the world.
- Older Adults, Aggressive Marketing, and Unethical Behavior:A Sure Road to Financial Fraud?
- Twitter Me This: Fake News, Real News, and All the President’s Tweets
- Ethical Branding in Franchising: Implications for Brand Values and Corporate Culture
- Lessons from the Housing Crisis Support Applications of the Fiduciary Standard in Higher Education
- Bayer, Ethics, and the Anthrax Scare: Leveraging National Crisis for a Public Relations Bonanza
- Is Academe Cheapened by Branding Universities and Programs?
- Home Owners Association (HOA) Branding and Judicial Review: Using a Socially Responsible "Hard-Look"
- Ethical Branding Best Practices: A Case Study of Fabindia in the Context of Social Business
- Happy Brands and Ethical Implications
- Slavery, Chocolate, and Artificial Intelligence: Brands Ethical Dilemmas in a Modern World
- Jardine Matheson: Drugs, War, and Empire
- Ethics and Celebrity Advertising: A Case from the Indian Advertising Industry