Europa Directory of International Organizations 2008
An extensive and unequalled one-volume guide covering some 1,900 international and regional entities, this title provides detailed and accurate information on a wide spectrum of international organizations from the World Health Organization to OPEC.
- introductory articles: An Introduction to International Organizations and The International System in the Early Twenty-first Century
- a chronology charting the historical development of international organizations
- texts of significant international charters, treaties and documents
- lists of key UN Security Council and General Assembly resolutions, plus information about peace-keeping activities
- biographical details of leading officials within international organizations
- information on each organization includes contact details, membership, leading officials, activities, finance, publications and subsidiary organizations
- an extensive index.
'An important reference source.' - European Information Management
'The tenth edition of the europa Directory of International Organizations offers readers a comprehensive guide to international organizations and an essential understanding of the framework of international affairs.' - Oxfam