Europa Directory of International Organizations 2009
An extensive and unequalled one-volume guide covering some 1,900 international and regional entities, this title provides detailed and accurate information on a wide spectrum of international organizations from the World Health Organization to OPEC.
Fully revised and updated, this new edition includes essential background material as well as invaluable contact details to provide a conplete understanding of the role of international organizations in the framework of modern global politics.
New for this edition is an essay on the international economic system, its institutions and governance.
- introductory articles: An Introduction to International Organizations and The International System in the Early Twenty-first Century
- a chronology charting the historical development of international organizations
- texts of significant international charters, treaties and documents
- lists of key UN Security Council and General Assembly resolutions, plus information about peace-keeping activities
- biographical details of leading officials within international organizations
- information on each organization includes contact details, membership, leading officials, activities, finance, publications and subsidiary organizations
- an extensive index.
'An important reference source.' - European Information Management
'The tenth edition of the europa Directory of International Organizations offers readers a comprehensive guide to international organizations and an essential understanding of the framework of international affairs.' - Oxfam