Facilitating Cognitive Development
International Perspectives, Programs, and Practices
- This format is currently out of stock.
The vital aspects of designing, implementing, and evaluating programs and services that will facilitate cognitive development in children and adolescents are the focus of this important book. Leading scholars, researchers, and practitioners from throughout the world address these issues, offering a sound conceptual and empirical knowledge base for special services providers in taking a leadership role in facilitation of cognitive development in schools.
Table of Contents
- Part I: Facilitating Cognitive Development: A New Educational Perspective
- Part II: Metacognitive Methods of Instruction: Current Status and Future Prospects
- The Practical Teaching of Thinking Using the CoRT Method
- Learning to Learn: Mediated Learning Experiences and Instrumental Enrichment
- Project Intelligence: An Account and Some Reflections
- Part III: Benefits Without Gains: The Paradox of the Cognitive Effects of Early Childhood Programs and Implications for Policy
- Stimulating Cognitive Development at Developmental Level: A Tested, Non-Remedial Preschool Curriculum for Preschoolers and Older Retarded Children
- From Compensation to Innovation: Facilitating Cognitive Development in Belgian Schools
- Part IV: Issues and Considerations in Designing, Implementing, and Evaluating Programs to Facilitate Cognitive Development
- Facilitating Cognitive Development: Issues and Implications
- Reference Notes Included