Fertigation Technologies In Micro Irrigation
Requirements, Efficiency, and Crop Performance
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 15, 2020
Fertigation Technologies in Micro Irrigation: Requirements, Efficiency, and Crop Performance addresses the global water crisis by presenting new ways to use irrigation water judiciously through innovative fertigation management. It looks at the research and review works done throughout the world on micro irrigation and the techno-economic feasibility of various fertigation irrigation water management systems.
This book will be a helpful resource for agricultural industry professionals, faculty, students, and others involved in irrigation and fertigation technology.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Crop Performance Under Micro Irrigation System
1. Performance of Drip Irrigated Tomato: Water Uptake, Root Distribution, and Quality
Rajan Aggarwal et al.
2. Performance of Cucumber under Micro- and Mini-Sprinkler Irrigation with Land Slopes
R. Chelleng et al.
3. Performance of Selected Indigenous Crops under Drip Irrigation in the North-East Region of India
4. Performance of Pointed Gourd under Polyethylene Mulching and Different Levels of Fertigation
Abinash Dalai and P. C. Pradhan
5. Effects of Different Nitrogen Levels on Drip-Irrigated Cucumber under Greenhouse Conditions
S. K. Pattanaaik and P. Debnath
6. Performance of Sunflower with Different Irrigation Methods: The Coastal Plain Zone of Eastern India
Arati Sethi et al.
7. Summer Kusmi Lac Production on Drip Irrigated Flemingia semialata Roxb
R. K. Singh
Part 2: Irrigation Requirement Of Drip Irrigated Crops
8. Estimation of Crop Water Requirements
9. Potential Applications of SSAT, AquaCrop, APSIM Models for Crop Water Productivity and Irrigation Scheduling
Mukhtar Ahmed et al.
10. Soil Moisture and Nutrient Patterns under Sub-Surface Drip Irrigation for Sustainable Sugarcane Initiative (SSI)
M. Manikandan and G. Thiyagarajan
Part 3: Automation and Fertigation Technologies In Micro Irrigation
11. Automated Drip Irrigation System for Sweet Corn and Cluster Bean: Field Evaluation of Low-Cost Soil Moisture Sensors
G. Ravi Babu and N. V. Gowtham Deekshithulu
12. Fertigation Technology for Horticultural and Field Crops
Raja Gopala Reddy, Kamlesh N. Tiwari, and D. T. Santosh
13. Hydraulic Performance of Drip Fertigation Equipment
E. K. Kurien et al.
Part 4: Enhancement Of Irrigation Efficiency
14. Micro Irrigation Developments in India: Techno-Economic Challenges
Manoj P. Samuel and A. Suresh
15. Drip Irrigation Systems for Enhancing Input Use Efficiency
K. V. Ramana Rao and Suchi Gangwar
16. Rainwater Conservation and Utilization Techniques: The North-East Hilly Region in India
Jotish Nongthombam and Santosh Kumar
17. Design of Indigenous Gravity Drip Irrigation System for Efficient Utilization of Harvested Water
Dhiraj Khalkho et al.
Megh R. Goyal, PhD, PE, is a Retired Professor in Agricultural and Biomedical Engineering from the General Engineering Department in the College of Engineering at the University of Puerto Rico–Mayaguez Campus.
Lala I. P. Ray, PhD, is an Associate Professor in Soil and Water Engineering at the School of Natural Resource Management, College of Postgraduate Studies in Agricultural Sciences, Central Agricultural University-Imphal, Umiam, Meghalaya, India.