Advances in thermal and non-thermal food processing aims to discuss emerging trends based on the future scope and challenges and to explain uncertain challenges in food processing. In thermal processing different operations in food engineering namely advance drying methods, evaporation, extrusion cooking, different extraction techniques, crystallizations are covered in terms food engineering and process modeling aspect. For non-thermal processing, high pressure processing, ultrasound, ohmic heating, pulse electric field, pulse light technology, osmotic dehydration and so forth are discussed. Relevant mathematical modeling and numerical simulations has been included in every chapter.
Presents engineering focus on thermal and non-thermal food processing technologies.
Discusses sub-classification for recent trends and relevant industry information/examples.
Describes advances in drying, evaporation, blanching, crystallization and ohmic heating.
Covers high-pressure processing, pulse electric field, pulse light technology, irradiation, and ultrasonic techniques.
Includes mathematical modeling and numerical simulations.
The book is aimed at graduate students, professionals in food engineering and food technology, biological systems engineering.
- Rate kinetics in food processing operation
- Advances in drying technology for food processing
- Application of evaporation in food processing
- Blanching treatment applied in food processing
- Thermal processing of food
- Deep fat frying and it’s fundamentals
- Crystallization and it’s fundamentals
- Ohmic heating in food processing
- Extraction technology applied in food and biological products
Kshirod Kumar Dash, Sourav Chakraborty, Tabli Ghosh, Rahul Kumar
Ipsita Das, Susanta Kumar Das
Saptashish Deb, Umexi Rani, Santanu Malakar
Kshirod Kumar Dash, Pinki Deka
Ajita Tiwari, Puja Das
Kshirod Kumar Dash, Sourav Chakraborty, Manish Kumar, Aradhita Roy
Aamir Hussain Dar, Rafiya Shams, Qurat ul EainHyder Rizwi, Ishrat Majid, Anurag Singh, Shafat Khan
- Application of high pressure processing in food
- Application of pulse electric field in food processing
- Recent advances in ultrasound processing of food
- Osmotic dehydration in food processing
- Pulse light technology applied in food processing
- Application of membrane processing in food
- Irradiation technology applied in food products
- Cryogenic freezing
- Cold plasma processing
Musfirah Zulkurnain, Alifdalino Sulaiman, V.M. Balasubramaniam
Sourav Chakraborty, Swapnil Prashant Gautam, Mausumi Sarma, Pura Prasad Borah
Abhinav Tiwari, Animesh Singh Sengar, Anjali H. Kurup, Ashish Rawson
Santanu Malakar, T Manonmani, Saptashish Deb, Kshirod Kumar Dash
Prasanna Bhalerao, Rishab Dhar, Snehasis Chakraborty
Ananya Bardhan, S. Senthilmurugan, Kaustubha Mohanty
Dipika Trivedi, Anil Kumar Dikshit
Himani Singh, Murlidhar Meghwal, Pramod K Prabhakar
Siddhartha Vatsa, Manibhushan Kumar, Neeraj Ghanghas, Pramod K Prabhakar and Murlidhar Meghwal
Mahreen Khan, Priyanka Prasad, Jatindra K Sahu, Satyananda Kar