This textbook entitled Fundamentals of Perovskite Oxides: Synthesis, Structure, Properties and Applications summarizes the structure, synthesis routes, and potential applications of perovskite oxide materials. Since these perovskite-type ceramic materials offer opportunities in a wide range of fields of science and engineering, the chapters are broadly organized into four sections of perovskite-type oxide materials and technology.
- Covers recent developments in perovskite oxides
- Serves as a quick reference of perovskite oxides information
- Describes novel synthesis routes for nanostructured perovskites
- Discusses comprehensive details for various crystal structures, synthesis methods, properties, and applications
- Applies to academic education, scientific research, and industrial R&D for materials research in real-world applications like bioengineering, catalysis, energy conversion, energy storage, environmental engineering, and data storage and sensing
This book serves as a handy and practical guideline suitable for students, engineers, and researchers working with advanced ceramic materials.
1. Introduction to Perovskite
2. Synthesis of Perovskite Oxides
3. Crystal Structure of Simple Perovskites
4. Structural Variants of Perovskite Oxides
5. Magnetic Properties of Perovskite Oxides
6. Electronic Properties of Perovskite Oxides
7. Diffusion, Thermal, and Optical Properties of Perovskites
8. Applications of Perovskite Oxides
Appendix A1: Examples of Single Perovskites with the Structural Lattice Parameters