This is a book for leaders who think about legacy, their own and the one their business is leaving. Yet, none of us get to write our legacy, that is for those who come after us. This book and the lessons within will enable you to improve yours.
The eight questions at the core of this book are underpinned by three big ideas:
- The questions we ask matter
- Businesses are the tools we use to shape our world
- Business value is optimized for the long term when society thrives
The questions have been developed and road-tested with business leaders and thousands of executives on an MBA that is ranked number one in the world as ‘best for the planet’. Applying them to your business will enable long-term value creation while shifting it to one that your children will be proud of.
This book will appeal to business executives, leaders and managers, MBA graduates and students, and all those interested in transforming their organizations for the challenges ahead.
List of Figures
Acknowledgement of Country
PART I: FRAMING
- History haunts our present
- Framing the future
- Question 1: Does your business’ vision perpetuate a world you want to live in?
- Question 2: Is your business aligned with our world?
- Question 3: Does your business listen to all its stakeholders?
- Question 4: Does your business have the metrics?
- Question 5: Does your business use language that enables?
- Question 6: Does your business understand its footprint and tread carefully?
- Question 7: Does your business learn from nature?
- Question 8: Does your business lead by enabling others?
- Moving to your Future Normal
PART II: THE CHALLENGE QUESTIONS
PART III: REALIZING THE FUTURE NORMAL