Gender and Socialization to Power and Politics
- This format is currently out of stock.
This thought-provoking book illustrates how the interaction of childhood socialization and the reality of the adult woman’s life produces variations in political attitudes and in perceptions of available options for political behavior. Important suggestions for facilitating resocialization to feminism and increasing political participation are included.
Table of Contents
- Toward Women’s Political Resocialization: Patterns of Predisposition in the Learning of Feminist Attidudes
- Life Space and Gender Politics in an East Texas Community
- Traditional and Nontraditional Mormon Women: Political Attitudes and Socialization
- Socialization to Power: Questions About Women and Politics