Published in 2005: Genetics of Developmental Disabilities is written as a textbook and resource for physicians, basic and clinical researchers, and other professionals, students, and health care providers. Those interested in the causes and scientific understanding of developmental disabilities.
"…The editors have enlisted a strong group of contributors….the book hits the mark by offering a great deal of information in a relatively short book."
-New England Journal of Medicine
"…a book of generous size….Noted experts have written individual chapters."
"…a useful review of genetic syndromes associated with ID that is clearly written and well structured. It has a helpful glossary and clinically useful photographs of people affected by many of the syndromes described."
-Journal of Intellectual Disability Research
Overview of Medical Genetics
1. A History of Medical Genetics
Giovanni Neri and Francesco D. Tiziano
2. Patterns of Inheritance: Mendelian and Non-Mendelian
Merlin G. Butler et al.
3. Clinical Cytogenetics and Testing for Developmental Disabilities
Joan H. M. Knoll and Linda D. Cooley
4. Molecular Genetics and Diagnostic Testing
Nancy J. Carpenter
5. The Human Genome Project and Its Impact on Understanding Developmental Disabilities
Daniel J. Wattendorf and Maximilian Muenke
6. Animal Models of Down Syndrome and Other Genetic Diseases Associated with Mental Retardation
Angela J. Villar and Charles J. Epstein
Classical Examples of Conditions with Developmental Disabilities
7. Medical Care of the Child with Down Syndrome
William I. Cohen
8. Fragile X and X-linked Mental Retardation
Sebastien Jacquemont, Vincent des Portes, and Randi Hagerman
9.Prader-Willie Syndrome: An Example of Genomic Imprinting
Merlin G. Butler
10. Angelman Syndrome
Charles A. Williams
11. Williams-Beuren Syndrome
12. Velo-Cardio-Facial Syndrome
Wendy R. Kates et al.
13. Smith-Magenis Syndrome-A Developmental Disorder with Circadian Dysfunction
Ann C. M. Smith
14. Rett Syndrome
15. Microdeletion Syndromes
Gopalrao V. N. Velagaleti
16. Sex Chromosome Anomalies
John L. Hamerton and Jane A. Evans
17. Expanded Newborn Screening and Phenylketonuria (PKU)
18. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
Margaret P. Adam and H. Eugene Hoyme
19. Prevalence and Genetic Epidemiology of Developmental Disabilities
Coleen A. Boyle, Kim Van Naarden Braun, and Marshalyn Yeargin-Allsop
20. Neuropsychiatric Aspects of Genetic Disorders
Barbara Y. Whitman
21. Behavioral Genetics and Developmental Disabiliites
Stephen A. Petrill
22. Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder
Mark L. Walraich and Melissa A. Doffing
23. Cerebral Palsy
24. Diagnostic Evaluation and Treatment of Developmental Disabiliites
Kathy Ellerbeck, Chet Johnson, and Edward Hoffman
25. Complementary and Alternative Medicine for Children with Disabilities
Melinda F. Davis
Are there elusive titles that you need and have been trying to source for years but thought that you would never be able to find?
Well this may be the end of your quest – here is a fantastic opportunity for you to discover past brilliance and purchase previously out of print and unavailable titles by some of the world’s most eminent academic scholars.
Drawing from over 100 years of innovative, cutting-edge publishing, Routledge Revivals is an exciting programme whereby key titles from the distinguished and extensive backlist of the many acclaimed imprints associated with Routledge will be re-issued.
The programme draws upon the illustrious backlists of Kegan Paul, Trench & Trubner, Routledge & Kegan Paul, Methuen, Allen & Unwin and Routledge itself.
Routledge Revivals spans the whole of the Humanities and Social Sciences, and includes works by some of the world’s greatest thinkers including Emile Durkheim, Max Weber, Simone Weil, Martin Buber, Karl Jaspers and Max Beloff.
If you are interested in Revivals in the Behavioral Sciences, please visit https://www.routledge.com/series/PSYREVIVALS