Global Navigation Satellite Systems
New Technologies and Applications
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after May 9, 2021
Global navigation Systems (GNSS) and their associated technologies have advanced by leaps and bounds in the nine years since the first edition of this book was published. The concept of survey has been changed, especially in the disciplines of Geomatics and Geoinformatics. This revised and updated second edition provides a thorough understanding of the basic principles and techniques of GNSS, analyzes all four active systems and explains clearly how each of these systems works. Because of its straightforward treatment of the subject, readers will gain an insight into the techniques, trends, and applications of GNSS, and develop knowledge on selecting an appropriate GNSS instrument. Written for students and practitioners in Geoinformatics, Geomatics Engineering, Surveying and Remote Sensing and GIS, this introductory and practical book includes questions and exercises in each chapter.
- Includes up-to-date information on GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, and Gallileo, all equally discussed
- A practical approach to the subject and organized differently than most of the standard texts
- Covers a wide range of topics requiring a minimum mathematical knowledge, useful for non-experts and beginners
- Provides a practical guide on GNSS surveying and exercises and solutions for each chapter
- Includes a detailed glossary of related terms
- MCQ, solution manual and PPT as online resources
Table of Contents
Overview of GNSS. Functional Segments of GNSS. Working Principle of GNSS. GNSS Signals and Range Determination. Errors and Accuracy Issues. Positioning Methods. GNSS Augmentations and Other Navigations Satellite Systems. GNSS Receivers. Geodesy. Applications of GNSS. Surveying with GNSS. Mapping with GNSS.
Dr. Basudeb Bhatta is currently a Course Coordinator in the Computer Aided Design Centre of Jadavpur University, Kolkata. He has more than 24 years of industrial, teaching and research experience in remote sensing, GNSS, and GIS. He has authored many research papers and articles in various journals and magazines. He has also authored several textbooks on Remote Sensing, GIS, GNSS, and CAD. He has been instrumental in initiating a large number of courses on Remote Sensing, GIS, and GNSS to promote Geoinformatics technology.