Global Navigation Satellite Systems New Technologies and Applications
Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) and their associated technologies have advanced by leaps and bounds in the nine years since the first edition of this book was published. The concept of survey has changed, especially in the disciplines of geomatics and geoinformatics. This revised and updated second edition provides a thorough understanding of the basic principles and techniques of GNSS, analyzes all four active systems, and explains clearly how each of these systems works. Because of its straightforward treatment of the subject, readers will gain an insight into the techniques, trends, and applications of GNSS and develop knowledge on selecting an appropriate GNSS instrument. Written for students and practitioners in geoinformatics, geomatics engineering, surveying, and remote sensing and GIS, this introductory and practical book includes questions and exercises in each chapter.
• Furnishes detailed information on GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, and other regional and augmented systems
• Provides practical guidance for surveying, mapping, and navigation with GNSS
• Sheds light on the latest developments and modern trends of GNSS
• Includes a detailed glossary of related terms
• Contains many illustrations that complement the text
• Exercises for each chapter
• MCQ, solution manual for mathematical problems, and PPT as online resources
Overview of GNSS. Functional Segments of GNSS. Working Principle of GNSS. GNSS Signals and Range Determination. Errors and Accuracy Issues. Positioning Methods. GNSS Augmentations and Other Navigations Satellite Systems. GNSS Receivers. Geodesy. Applications of GNSS. Surveying with GNSS. Mapping with GNSS.