This book explores the global developments in sport leadership and practice.
Drawing on the vast and ever growing leadership literature, the book examines advances in leadership theory and practice in the context of the challenges faced by those working in global sport management positions. The book explores the various dimensions of leadership with a particular focus on the development of leadership theory. It also looks at the operational and contextual elements of leadership in a global sport environment and finally reflects on the status quo and explores future challenges and research opportunities for leadership and global sport management.
1. Global Sport Leadership: Setting the Scene
2. A Social Identity Approach to Sport Leadership
3. Developing Leaders and Planning Succession in Sport Organisations
4. Cross-Border Leadership and the Management of Sport
5. Leadership and Mega-Events
6. Leadership Practices from a Diversity and Inclusion Perspective
7. Leadership and Sport-for-Development (SFD)
8. Leading High Performance Sport
9. Failed Leadership and Professional Sport: The Case of #Sandpapergate
10. Global Sport Leadership: Critical Issues and Future Research