Greater China in the Global Market
- This format is currently out of stock.
Learn the secrets of doing business successfully in China!From tips on how to run joint ventures with Chinese companies to research on the tastes of Chinese consumers, Greater China in the Global Market contains the most up-to-date information on business and marketing strategies in China. This volume brings you the practical advice and empirical research of top experts in the field, including John Farley of Dartmouth College, John Child of Cambridge University, and Rohit Despande of Harvard University. Tapping China's huge economy can be highly profitable, but only if you understand the subtleties of doing business in the Chinese culture. Greater China in the Global Market offers insider's views of guanxi, the Chinese concept of relationship that can make or break international business ventures in China, as well as the expertise in Chinese corporate and consumer cultures you will need to establish successful business strategies.Greater China in the Global Market presents a comprehensive view of the essential factors in marketing to China, including:
- the difference in corporate culture between joint ventures and state-owned enterprises
- the most effective ways to manage the value chain activities in joint ventures
- the merits and limitations of various entry strategies, including umbrella companies, franchising, and contractual joint ventures, among others
- the influence of risk-absorption capability and risk-dispersion mechanisms on the choice of entry mode
- the factors that influence timing your entry into the market
- the changing tastes of Chinese consumers
- the correlation between brand consciousness and income in younger consumers
- a thorough literature review of twenty years of marketing research on ChinaGreater China in the Global Market is a valuable resource for front-line marketing executives in China as well as corporate decision makers in their headquarters at home. It is a must read for academics and business practitioners with an interest in China.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Marketing Strategies in Greater China
- Market-Focused Organizational Transformation in China
- Effects of the Value Chain in International Joint Ventures: The Case of the Electronic and FMCG Sectors
- Entering China Today: What Choices Do We Have?
- Choice of Market Entry Mode in Emerging Markets: Influences on Entry Strategy in China
- Foreign Direct Investment in China: The Importance of Market Entry Timing
- The Impact of Guanxi on Export Performance: A Study of New Zealand Firms Exporting to China
- The Intertextual Construction of Emerging Consumer Culture in China as Observed in the Movie Ermo: A Postmodern, Sincization Reading
- The Influence of Hedonic Values on Consumer Behaviors: An Empirical Investigation in China
- Twenty Years of Research on Marketing in China: A Review and Assessment of Journal Publications
- Reference Notes Included