Taking an interdisciplinary approach, this new volume brings together innovative research, new concepts, and novel developments in the application of new tools in green chemistry and sustainable technology. The diverse coverage includes chapters on ionic liquids as green solvents, an environmentally friendly approach to the synthesis and biological evaluation of α-aminophosphonate derivatives, the application of nanotechnology in biological sciences and green chemistry, eco-friendly polymers, the effect of global warming and greenhouse gases on environmental system, and more.
Table of Contents
1. Ionic Liquid as Green Solvents
Avinash Kumar Rai et al.
2. Interpenetrating Network on the Basis of Methylsiloxane Matrix
O. Mukbaniani et al.
3. Design and Synthesis of Thiaolidinone-Based Triazines Derivatives as a New Potential Anti-Inﬂammatory and Anti-Microbial Agent
Ravindra S. Shnide and Poonam Khullar
4. Effects of N-Acetylcysteine, Glutathione, and Glutathione Disulfide on NIH 3T3, VH10 And MCF-7 Cells Exposed to Ascorbate and Cu(II) Ions
Katarína Valachová et al.
5. An Environmentally Friendly Approach: Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of α-Aminophosphonate Derivatives
Satish A. Dake
6. An Overview of Polyelectrolyte-Based Nanoplex
Swati G. Talele, Shweta S. Gedam, and Akshada A. Bakliwal
7. Frontiers of Applications of Nanotechnology in Biological Sciences and Green Chemistry
8. Ecofriendly Polymers: A Need of the Day
Jayesh Bhatt et al.
9. An Environmentally Benign Synthesis of 2, 4, 5-Triaryl-1h-Imidazoles via Multi-Component Reactions and Its Medicinal Importance
Nana V. Shitole
10. Microwave-Assisted Synthesis: Revolution in Synthetic Chemistry
Vikas V. Borgaonkar
11. Green Synthesis, Characterization, and Biological Studies of 1, 3, 4 –Thiadiazol-Derived Schiff Base Complexes
Ajay M. Patil et al.
12. Study on the Effect of Global Warming and Greenhouse Gases on Environmental System
Onkar K. Jogdand
Satish A. Dake, PhD, is Assistant Professor at the Department of Basic Science and Humanities, Deogiri Institute of Engineering and Management Studies, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India. He has published research papers in national and international journals as well as book chapters. His interests are in green chemistry and synthesis of bioactive heterocyclic compounds such as antibacterial and in vitro antiproliferative, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anticancer, and antimicrobial activity. He was an Associate Editor and member of the journal Anti-Infective Agents and the Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences.
Ravindra S. Shinde, PhD, is Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry at Dayanand Science College, Latur, Maharashtra, India. He has published research papers in national and international journals and has authored books and book chapters. He has delivered lectures and chaired sessions at national conferences and is a reviewer for a number of international journals. In addition, he has administrative experience as N.S.S. Programme Officer, member of the University Exam Committee, coordinator of UGC-sponsored NET/SET coaching cell, and One Teacher One Skill Committee of the college.
Suresh C. Ameta, PhD, is Dean, Faculty of Science at PAHER University, Udaipur, India. He has served as Professor and Head of the Department of Chemistry at North Gujarat University Patan and at M. L. Sukhadia University, Udaipur, and as Head of the Department of Polymer Science. Prof. Ameta was President of the Indian Chemical Society, Kotkata, and is now a life-long vice president. He has received many awards during his career and has published more than 350 research papers as well as many books and book chapters. Dr. Ameta has delivered lectures and chaired sessions at national conferences and is a reviewer for several journals.
A. K. Haghi, PhD, is the author and editor of over 165 books, as well as many published papers in journals and conference proceedings. He has received several grants, consulted for a number of major corporations, and is a frequent speaker to national and international audiences. Since 1983, he served as professor at several universities. He is former Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Chemoinformatics and Chemical Engineering and Polymers Research Journal and is on the editorial boards of many international journals. He is also a member of the Canadian Research and Development Center of Sciences and Cultures, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.