Guide to Cloud Computing for Business and Technology Managers From Distributed Computing to Cloudware Applications
Guide to Cloud Computing for Business and Technology Managers: From Distributed Computing to Cloudware Applications unravels the mystery of cloud computing and explains how it can transform the operating contexts of business enterprises. It provides a clear understanding of what cloud computing really means, what it can do, and when it is practical to use.
Addressing the primary management and operation concerns of cloudware, including performance, measurement, monitoring, and security, this pragmatic book:
- Introduces the enterprise applications integration (EAI) solutions that were a first step toward enabling an integrated enterprise
- Details service-oriented architecture (SOA) and related technologies that paved the road for cloudware applications
- Covers delivery models like IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS, and deployment models like public, private, and hybrid clouds
- Describes Amazon, Google, and Microsoft cloudware solutions and services, as well as those of several other players
- Demonstrates how cloud computing can reduce costs, achieve business flexibility, and sharpen strategic focus
Unlike customary discussions of cloud computing, Guide to Cloud Computing for Business and Technology Managers: From Distributed Computing to Cloudware Applications emphasizes the key differentiator—that cloud computing is able to treat enterprise-level services not merely as discrete stand-alone services, but as Internet-locatable, composable, and repackageable building blocks for generating dynamic real-world enterprise business processes.
Increasing Functional Specificity over Increasingly Commoditized Hardware. Networking and Internetworking. Distributed Systems. Enterprise Application Integration (EAI). Integration Technologies. J2EE for Enterprise Integration. Service-Oriented Architecture. Web Services. Enterprise Service Bus (ESB). Service Composition. Application Service Providers (ASPs). Grid Computing. Cloudware Basics. Cloudware Economics. Cloudware Technologies. Cloudware Vendors Solutions. Cloudware Application Development. Cloudware Operations and Management. Cloudware Security. Migrating to Cloudware. Big Data Computing Applications. Mobile Applications. Context-Aware Applications.