Teachers, coaches, and supervisors will learn how to help elementary school students build mathematical proficiency with standards-based, differentiated, small-group instruction with the strategies in this book.
Both novice and veteran educators will gain in-depth knowledge for conducting effective guided math lessons, scaffolding learning in small groups, and assessing student learning. Lots of actual templates, graphic organizers, black-line masters, detailed lesson plans, and student work samples are included, as well as vignettes of mini-lessons, center time, small guided math groups, and share time.
This practical, hands-on guide will help you...
- Understand the framework of Guided Math lessons
- Gain an in-depth look at the role of assessment throughout the Guided Math process
- Develop an action plan to get started immediately
This is a must-have resource for all educators looking for a structure to teach small groups in math that meet the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.
Table of Contents
1. Guided Math: An Introduction
2. Guided Math in a Numerate Environment
3. Managing the Math Workshop
4. Forming Guided Math Groups
5. Balanced Assessment: The Key to Grouping Students for Guided Math
6. A Framework for Guided Math Lessons
7. Building Mathematical Proficiency in Guided Math Groups
8. What Are the Other Kids Doing?
9. The First 20 Days of Math Workshop: Setting the Stage? for Effective Guided Math Groups
- Supplemental Downloads