This book focusses on III-V high electron mobility transistors (HEMTs) including basic physics, material used, fabrications details, modeling, simulation, and other important aspects. It initiates by describing principle of operation, material systems and material technologies followed by description of the structure, I-V characteristics, modeling of DC and RF parameters of AlGaN/GaN HEMTs. The book also provides information about source/drain engineering, gate engineering and channel engineering techniques used to improve the DC-RF and breakdown performance of HEMTs. Finally, the book also highlights the importance of metal oxide semiconductor high electron mobility transistors (MOS-HEMT).
- Combines III-As/P/N HEMTs with reliability and current status in single volume
- Includes AC/DC modelling and (sub)millimeter wave devices with reliability analysis
- Covers all theoretical and experimental aspects of HEMTs
- Discusses AlGaN/GaN transistors
- Presents DC, RF and breakdown characteristics of HEMTs on various material systems using graphs and plots
1. Motivation Behind High Electron Mobility Transistors 2. Introduction to High Electron Mobility Transistors 3. HEMT Material Technology and Epitaxial Deposition Techniques 4. Source/Drain, Gate and Channel Engineering in HEMTs 5. AlGaN/GaN HEMTs for High Power Applications 6. AlGaN/GaN HEMT Fabrication and Challenges 7. Analytical Modeling of High Electron Mobility Transistors 8. Polarization Effects in AlGaN/GaN HEMTs 9. Current Collapse in AlGaN/GaN HEMTs 10. AlGaN/GaN HEMT Modeling and Simulation 11. Breakdown Voltage Improvement Techniques in AlGaN/GaN HEMTs 12. InP/InAlAs/InGaAs HEMTs for High Speed and Low Power Applications 13. A Study of the Elemental and Surface Characterization of AlGaN/GaN HEMT by Magnetron Sputtering System 14. Metamorphic HEMTs for Sub Millimeter Wave Applications 15. Metal Oxide Semiconductor High Electron Mobility Transistors 16. Double Gate High Electron Mobility Transistors