The implementation of IPv6 is essential to the continued growth of the Internet and the development of new applications. The Handbook of IPv4 to IPv6 Transition Methodologies provides a wealth of best practices and procedures that will help corporations plan and implement a smooth transition to IPv6.
A blueprint for successful transition, the Handbook of IPv4 to IPv6 Transition—
- Provides a tutorial of IPv6 addressing capabilities
- Looks at IPv6 network constructs, specifically key routing processes
- Examines IPv6 autoconfiguration techniques and the suite of IPv6-related protocols
- Discusses all the major IPv6 enterprise/institutional network migration mechanisms as well as coexistence issues
- Identifies the various elements in the network and what migration role they will need to play in order to support the transition
- Surveys the application and security aspects of the IPv6 transition
- Offers the first reference in many years to address the migration and macro-level scalability requirements to support the DoD/DISA/GAO drive for an IPv6-based U.S. Government
Table of Contents
Introduction and Overview. IPv6 Addressing. IPv6 Network Constructs. IPv6 AutoConfiguration Techniques. IPv6 and Related Protocols. Transition Approaches and Mechanisms. IPv6 Network Software and Hardware. Implementing IPv6 Transition Strategies. IPv6 Applications. Security in IPv6 Networks. Appendices.
Amoss, John J.; Minoli, Daniel