First Published in 1995, this book offers a full guide into industrial drying for various materials. Carefully compiled and filled with a vast repertoire of notes, diagrams, and references this book serves as a useful reference for students of medicine and other practitioners in their respective fields.
Part I. Fundamental Aspects.
1. Drying of Solids: Principles, Classification, and Selection of Dryers. 2. Experimental Techniques in Drying. 3. Basic Process Calculations in Drying. 4. Transport Properties in the Drying of Solids.
Part II. Description of Various Dryer Types.
5. Rotary Drying. 6. Horizontal Vacuum Rotary Dryers. 7. Fluidized Bed Drying. 8. Drum Dryers. 9. Industrial Spray Drying Systems. 10. Freeze Drying. 11. Microwave and Dielectric Drying. 12. Solar Drying. 13. Spouted Bed Drying. 14. Impingement Drying. 15. Flash Drying. 16. Conveyor Dryers. 17. Impinging Stream Dryers. 18. Infrared Drying.
Part III. Drying in Various Industrial Sectors.
19. Drying of Foodstuffs. 20. Drying of Agricultural Products. 21. Drying of Fruits and Vegetables. 22. Osmotic Dehydration of Fruits and Vegetables. 23. Evaporation and Spray Drying in the Dairy Industry.
24. Drying of Pharmaceutical Products. 25. Drying of Biotechnological Products. 26. Drying of Peat and Biofuels. 27. Drying of Fibrous Materials. 28. Drying of Pulp and Paper. 29. Drying of Wood and Wood Products. 30. Drying in Mineral Processing. 31. Modeling, Measurements, and Efficiencies of Infrared Dryers for Paper Drying. 32. Drying of Coal. 33. Drying of Coated Webs. 34. Drying of Polymers. 35. Superheated Steam Drying. 36. Special Drying Techniques and Novel Dryers.
Part IV. Miscellaneous Topics in Industrial Drying.
37. Dryer Feeder Systems. 38. Dryer Emission Control Systems. 39. Cost Estimation Methods for Dryers. 40. Energy Aspects in Drying. 41. Safety Aspects of Industrial Dryers. 42. Humidity Measurements. 43. Control of Industrial Dryers. Appendix A. Enthalpy-Humidity Charts. Appendix B. Drying – An Annotated Bibliography. Appendix C. SI Units, Conversions, and Symbols for Drying. Index.
Are there elusive titles that you need and have been trying to source for years but thought that you would never be able to find?
Well this may be the end of your quest – here is a fantastic opportunity for you to discover past brilliance and purchase previously out of print and unavailable titles by some of the world’s most eminent academic scholars.
Drawing from over 100 years of innovative, cutting-edge publishing, Routledge Revivals is an exciting programme whereby key titles from the distinguished and extensive backlist of the many acclaimed imprints associated with Routledge will be re-issued.
The programme draws upon the illustrious backlists of Kegan Paul, Trench & Trubner, Routledge & Kegan Paul, Methuen, Allen & Unwin and Routledge itself.
Routledge Revivals spans the whole of the Humanities and Social Sciences, and includes works by some of the world’s greatest thinkers including Emile Durkheim, Max Weber, Simone Weil, Martin Buber, Karl Jaspers and Max Beloff.
If you are interested in Revivals in the Behavioral Sciences, please visit https://www.routledge.com/series/PSYREVIVALS