What is a high-impact school? One which achieves higher than expected results. And how do those schools achieve those results? The principal is the critical element in determining the kind of impact the school will have on its students.
This book presents specific knowledge and practical strategies for school leaders to help them reach high standards of excellence. It focuses on these five areas of action-
1. It's about the mission, not the mission statement.
2. High expectations for each and every student.
3. Building communities of learners.
4. Teachers are the silver bullet.
5. Creating a coherent system for continuous improvement.
Table of Contents
About the Author
Chapter 1: It's About the Mission, Not the Mission Statement
Chapter 2: High Expectations for Each and Every Student
Chapter 3: Building Communities of Learners
Chapter 4: Teachers Are the Silver Bullet
Chapter 5: Creating a Coherent System for Continuous Improvement