Having worked with "at-risk" students for over 20 years, author Liz Breaux knows "we cannot teach our students until we reach them." This book demonstrates how –- by providing typical situations, along with "What Works", followed by "What Doesn't Work".
About the Author
How to Reach All Students
* First Impressions: Getting Students on Your Side
* The Power of Thanks and Praise: Accentuating the Positive
* The Assertive and In-Control Teacher:
* Taking Control of Your Classroom
* Implementing Procedures to Perfection: Three Simple Steps
* Enforcing Consequences: The "Ifs" and "Thens"
* Making Home Contacts: Getting Parents on Your Side
* Avoiding Power Struggles: Everybody Wins
* The Mobile Teacher: Being Everywhere
* The Teacher as Role Model: They Hear What We Do