This unique volume explores the various aspects of human resources management and challenges that leaders, managers, and employees are facing in dealing with the new normal that is the result of changing workplace conditions and priorities due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
With the outbreak of the pandemic and the resulting nationwide lockdowns, business across the globe came to an unexpected halt. This volume looks at the paradigm shift in the workplace ecosystem and how the world has changed in a big way. It discusses HR’s role in organizational growth strategies, employee well-being, and employee mental health during the economic downturn and offers coping strategies that aim to empower human resources through learning and resilience. This book explains strategies that will help in preserving healthy human resources, which are an important component of an organization’s effectiveness and growth. Chapters explain current trends in business and technology, the need for constant upskilling and digital dexterity, managing tech detox, and the way employees should work in the new normal.
Chapters in Human Resource Management in a Post-Epidemic Global Environment: Roles, Strategies, and Implementations cover how the role of HR has changed with the pandemic; workplace communication strategies; challenges and opportunities of technology use in work-from-home scenarios; flexible work practices; effective employee retention; preserving employees’ well-being, mental health, and work-life balance; the effect on gender equity; HR challenges in the tourism sector; and much more.
Organizations that adopt post-pandemic HR roles and strategies not only have the path to innovation but will also have a competitive landscape in the changing scenario. HR leadership and others at corporations and organizations—both large and small—will find this volume to be a useful resource for discussion, implementation, and innovation.
1. Changing Role of Human Resource Management in the New Normal: A Post-Pandemic Paradigm Change
Anupriyo Mallick, Sudin Bag, and Payel Aich
2. Post-Pandemic HR Roles, Strategies, and Implementation: A Gen-Y Perspective
Shulagna Sarkar and R. K. Mishra
3. Reimagining Post-Pandemic Communication Strategies at Workplace: A Mindful Shift
Trisha Barua and Angshuman Bhattacharya
4. Tech Detox and Tech Savvy: Two New Post-Pandemic Verticals of HR
Ranita Basu and Indranil Bose
5. Unveiling the Notion of “Knowledge Hoarding” in a Post-Epidemic Global Business Environment
6. A Shift in Post-Pandemic Work Strategies: Challenges and Opportunities of Technology Use vis-à-vis Work-from-Home
Bhaswati Jana and Tanuja Kaushik
7. The Shift from the New Normal to the Old Normal: Challenges and Solutions
8. Organizational Growth, Sustainability, and Flexible Work Practices in the Post-Pandemic Era: Overcoming Challenges through Green HRM
Malabika Tripathi, Manvi Sodhani, and Swaha Bhattacharya
9. Effective Employee Retention: Are Post-Pandemic Strategies Going to Change?
10. Preserving Employees’ Well-Being: An Organization’s Post-Pandemic Imperative
S. Sabesan and M. A. S. Vasanth
11. Employee Well-Being under the Work-from-Home Culture: Toward an Alternative Framework
Suddhabrata Deb Roy
12. Post-Pandemic Employee Wellness Focus: An Empirical Study on the Well-Being Aspects of Healthcare Sector Employees
Tahir Mumtaz Awan and Zakia Khurshid Kayani
13. Work-Life Issues and Stress: Challenges and Coping in the Post-Pandemic Period
Nitesh Behare, Anup Shivanechari, and Shrikant Waghulkar
14. Self-Development among College Teachers during a Pandemic: A Qualitative Study with Reference to West Bengal, India
Rituparna Basak and Senjuti Bandyopadhyay
15. Mental Health and Economic Downturn: Are Post-Pandemic HR Roles and Responsibilities Changing?
16. Covert Casualty in a Crisis: Gender Equity—Empowering Human Resources via Learning, Authenticity, and Resilience
17. A Perspective on Green Human Resource Management (GHRM) During the Post-Pandemic Era.
Upagya Rai, Anurag Upadhyay, and Richa Singh
18. Post-Pandemic Vocational Compass: A Perspective on Career Navigation Dynamics
Malabika Tripathi, Sritama Mitra Ghosh, and Samrat Ray
19. Post-Pandemic Business Scenario: Outlining HR Challenges in the Tourism Sector
Tahir Mumtaz Awan and Muhammad Awais