Human Resources Management in Multinational Companies
A Central European Perspective
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 27, 2022
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Human Resource Management (HRM) has a significant impact on companies' performance, as evidenced by research conducted in Multinational Companies (MNCs) based in Central Europe. This book provides a unique perspective of activities taken in the field of HRM in local subsidiaries of such enterprises and presents results of verifying many hypotheses for each of the six models for single HRM subfunctions and their four relationships with the results of company performance. Particular chapters are devoted to activities including staffing the organization, shaping employee work engagement and job satisfaction, employee performance appraisal, employee development, managerial staff development, and employer branding. The author used the Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM) to verify the research hypotheses.
Readers will acquire the knowledge about HRM practices in organizations in which the overwhelming ownership capital belongs to MNCs headquartered in Central Europe. The research findings presented confirm the positive impact that HRM activities have on the results of this type of enterprises in such areas as finance, quality, innovation and HRM itself. The research also sheds light on the new, interesting regularities identified in this regard, e.g. the perception of human factor as a competitive factor. This book will be of interest to academics, researchers, and advanced or postgraduate students who are interested in the latest research on HRM in MNCs in the region of Central Europe.
Table of Contents
1. The Theoretical Framework for the Structure and Analysis of HRM in MNCs
2. The Methodics of the Conducted Empirical Research
3. Staffing the Organization: Recruitment, Selection & Placement
4. Elevation of Employee Positive Workplace Experience
5. Employee Performance Appraisal
6. Multiscope Employee Development: Talents, Competencies & Careers
7. Development of Managerial & Leadership Competencies
8. Managing Employer Brand
9. Research Summary and Final Conclusions
Marzena Stor is a Professor of Strategic International HRM and the Head of Human Resources Management Department at the Wrocław University of Economics & Business, Poland.