Human Sexuality, Ethnoculture, and Social Work
- This format is currently out of stock.
The only book of its kind, Human Sexuality, Ethnoculture, and Social Work combines information about ethnocultural groups in the United States with a focus on issues about sexuality. The authors, each a member of the group about which he or she writes, contribute a unique understanding and perspective within a common conceptual framework. The basic details provide readers with the background about the cultures in general--black, Mexican, native Hawaiian and Samoan, Japanese, Jewish Philippino and Puerto Rican--with an emphasis on human sexuality. Invaluable data is included about behavior, attitudes, gender roles, family patterns, and child socialization. Social workers and other helping professionals, as well as scholars in the areas of sexuality and culture, will increase their understanding and their ability to work with clients from different ethnocultural backgrounds.
Table of Contents
- A Conceptual Framework for Exploring Ethnoculture and Human Sexuality
- Black Culture and Sexuality
- A Chicana Perspective on Mexican Culture and Sexuality
- Human Sexuality of Native Hawaiians and Samoans
- The Sexuality of Japanese Americans
- The Jewish People and Their Sexuality
- Philippine Ethnoculture and Human Sexuality
- An Exploration of Human Sexuality in the Puerto Rican Culture