Hybrid energy systems integrate multiple sources of power generation, storage, and transport mechanisms and can facilitate increased usage of cleaner, renewable, and more efficient energy sources. Hybrid Power: Generation, Storage, and Grids discusses hybrid energy systems from fundamentals through applications and discusses generation, storage, and grids.
- Highlights fundamentals and applications of hybrid energy storage
- Discusses use in hybrid and electric vehicles and home energy needs
- Discusses issues related to hybrid renewable energy systems connected to the utility grid
- Describes the usefulness of hybrid microgrids and various forms of off-grid energy such as mini-grids, nanogrids, and stand-alone systems
- Covers the use of hybrid renewable energy systems for rural electrification around the world
- Discusses various forms and applications of hybrid energy systems, hybrid energy storage, hybrid microgrids, and hybrid off-grid energy systems
- Details simulation and optimization of hybrid renewable energy systems
This book is aimed at advanced students and researchers in academia, government, and industry, seeking a comprehensive overview of the basics, technologies, and applications of hybrid energy systems.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Basics of Hybrid Power
Chapter 2 Utility Grid with Hybrid Energy System
Chapter 3 Hybrid Power for Mobile Systems
Chapter 4 Hybrid Energy Storage
Chapter 5 Hybrid Microgrids
Chapter 6 Off-grid Hybrid Energy Systems
Chapter 7 Simulation and Optimization of Hybrid Renewable Energy
Yatish T. Shah received his B.Sc in chemical engineering from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA, and MS and Sc.D in chemical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA. He has more than 40 years of academic and industrial experience in energy-related areas. He was chairman of the Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering at the University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA; dean of the College of Engineering at the University of Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA, and Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA; chief research officer at Clemson University, South Carolina, USA; and provost at Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, USA, the University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, USA, and Norfolk State University, Virginia, USA. He was also a visiting scholar at University of Cambridge, UK, and a visiting professor at the University of California, Berkley, USA, and Institut für Technische Chemie I der Universität Erlangen, Nürnberg, Germany. Dr. Shah has previously written eight books related to energy, five of which are under "Sustainable Energy Strategies" book series by Taylor and Francis of which he is the editor. He has also published more than 250 refereed reviews, book chapters, and research technical publications in the areas of energy, environment, and reaction engineering. He is an active consultant to numerous industries and government organizations in the energy areas.
"…[helps readers] envision a different future and consider new opportunities through technological interventions for creating an inclusive and more resilient energy system." –Jyoti Verma, ONGC Energy Centre